Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Coming Istanbul Journey

Tick tock tick tock tick tock... 18 more days before I set off to Istanbul, Turkey. Excited? Yea. Scared... hell yea. While it's great friends are darn excited about my new move/journey/adventure and already making plans to visit the beautiful country, they sometimes forget that I'm not exactly there for a holiday.

It's a whole new thing for me. Me. 27. Never really travelled. Never experienced snow. Never been away from home for so long. Never been away from family. Never lived on my own. Heading there, without a job secured nor substantial savings is indeed a huge leap for me. Regardless, it never fails to make my heart beat loads and make a little skip and dance. *smile* I needed that. I need that in my life. That thing about life that makes me smile again...

I guess sometimes, I've forgotten to live. I like to set high goals for myself and can be such a bitch to my ownself. I like to do my work well, I must do it well and I must outstand. I never like to be in the background when it comes to excelling. I'm neither superbly talented nor gifted academically. Thus what I do is to focus on my strengths which is my drive and capabilities.

My maturity far exceeds my age. That is the result of hardships when I was young. Nonetheless, I'm proud. I'm proud to be me. I will never claim to be smart nor beautiful nor successful. I will claim to be a woman of strong character, with lotsa opinions and is firm with what she believes in and what she does not condone. And I will claim to be capable.

Time is always ticking, every second. That's how much of our lives we have to value. Thus, ask yourself if you are living the life you've always wanted. I gave up an attractive salary offer and groomed future in Singapore to take this path. This direction. A risky decision... yet deep in my heart I knew I have made the right one. Cos I know I am someone who will always TRY. Someone who will always lead instead of follow. I am never a blind follower of opinions or decision. My journey is coming. And I will share it with you soon...



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: