Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Excuse me, who are you?

I just got back from Taksim. Yes did go to Taksim eventually since the weather cleared up. Went there with R and invited my colleague, M along so I could introduce those girls together since as expats here, we really appreciate making new friends.

They got along really well, in fact they have so much in common. We were in Taksim for like over 7 hours, you just can't get enough of that place! It's always buzzing especially in the evening onwards and it just gets exciting!

After dinner we were walking along Istiklal Street when we saw like bloody horde of paparazzi excitedly clicking away at this young chap who was busy posing with his Armani shirt and cowboy hat! We were like chattering on and on, on who this dude could possibly be and laughing away at the possibility that perhaps it was just a social/science experiment and that the guy was probably a nobody. But the guy was just into himself yea, he was busy posing, giving his best angle, try to look cool in his getup.

Once the press left, the guy joined his two other mates and we were walking behind him still trying to figure who he was... Guess we got a bit too loud cos his mates were turning back especially when R mentioned that he was probably wearing a fake Armani. Hahahha...

The guys then turned and said hi and curiosity got the better of me and I asked him, "Who are you? Are you like some superstar or something?" His mates (or bodyguards? or publicists?) answered he's a celebrity in Turkey, a salsa and hiphop dancer. We were asking for his name, it sounded like Mercan... I don't know, I'm bad with Turkish names.... But really? Celebrity? lol.

Geez I'm really exhausted but I still need to work on my lesson plan for tomorrow's lesson. Grr... I've a meeting too in the afternoon at O School tomorrow. Aah sucks. Knackered. Well you guys take care, I'm just gonna have a short rest now. Will be off to Cyprus the day after tomorrow. Busy busy!!!

No comments: