Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yes. The Birthday Girl.

I woke up today feeling a little down. Down cos I knew I'm a year older.That doesn't feel so good. I'll be reaching the big 3-0 soon and that's not fun either. I remembered an old FRIENDS episode on Digiturk channel yesterday. Rachel was celebrating her 30th birthday and she didn't take it well. There were also reminisces of the Monica's and Joey's 30th birthday and they were both equally depressed.

I dunno... it's a woman's thingy. We just wanna keep young! A man gets wiser and more charming as he gets older. But a woman?! Sure we can try to preserve our looks as much as we can and remain all young at heart and bubbly and crap but hey age doesn't lie. It's all over your ID card, whatever official forms you've filled or will be filling, your passport and in the damn memories of people close to you! In addition to that, I definitely don't wanna be one of the statistics of women who lie about their age! I have an awesome gf here who lies to any men she meets that she's 9-10 years YOUNGER. Truth be told, she could get away with it with her good genes but hey, I don't wanna be like that!!!! I think I should start practising in the mirror saying out my age in deceived confidence and ease.

My best gf here's on a sexy beach vacation in Mamaris (she's been messaging me to tell about all the studs she's met there) and my other gf has left Istanbul for good days ago. I have no one to celebrate my birthday with or to party this day with. I don't feel too bad about it considering the fact that I'm not especially thrilled to turn a year older from yesterday. Looks like it's gonna be any other day for me...

It made me smile though to see birthday wishes from friends on my facebook wall. It's the first time so many people have ever remembered my birthday, thanks to facebook. lol. I'm still checking now and then for new wishes at the same time putting myself at an 'offline' mode just so they won't know how pathetic I am on my birthday! Yes, yes, let them all think how I'm on my way now to the posh Baghdad Street to buy some fancy dress for my party tonight. I'm probably gonna curl in bed with a new novel I bought yesterday (The Help by Kathryn Stockett)....


xo
V

2 comments:

UNchecked other said...

Happy birthday, luv! Mutluluklar dilerim. ve afiyet olsun. Celebrate the wonderful woman that you are, and all the paths that led you to where you are. You've accomplished a lot in your not-quite-30 years, and you've got a lifetime more to do all sorts of amazing things.

XOXO,
L

V said...

Thank you hun :) xo