Friday, June 11, 2010

Yes, I've Disappeared again! lol

I know I should be updating this blog regularly, as least I'd like to but I'm kinda feeling uninspired. Summer has robbed ALL my weekday classes thus I've way too much free time up my sleeve. What did I spend my time on? Oh I dunno... being a housewife? lol... I couldn't sit around and do nothing so I usually clean the house spick and span, do all the laundry and yes sometimes all the ironing at once (usually I just iron my clothes as I need them). At times I talk a walk along Baghdad Street, looking at all the posh shops and posh people and wondering when can I ever be like them... or just spend 5 hours straight in my fave simit cafe reading a good novel.

For once I get to rest but unfortunately no work means no money thus I can't venture out so much as much as I like to! I did try to work on my Turkish with all this free time I have but geez... I still can't work out the logic of this mysterious language! I tried to study on the Turkish grammar but ended up having a headache (not kidding).

Last Sunday, not even one student turned up for my conversation class. I could fault it to the rain or their examinations. Anyways, I was waiting in class for like 4 bloody hours (it was a 4-hour lesson). I was pacing around, reading my book, surfing and getting restless basically. I couldn't leave at the 3rd hour cos I've a 1-hour class with my 10 year olds at the 5th hour (yes they turned up thank God).

Any employer with a decent character would still pay me for my hours since it's not my freaking fault they didn't turn up. I wasn't informed of it nor did I expect it. Imagine my disgust when I signed out at the end of the day only to realised the school secretary had written my working hours as 1 hour! For gawd's sake I was in your bloody school for 5 hours and I was waiting like a restless donkey for 4 dreadful hours! The secretary barely spoke English so in my halting Turkish, I asked her why was it stated as only 1 hour. She told me the principal told her to mark it as such. I guess I did look frustrated. I wasn't sure if the principal was hiding in her office like a cowardly cow cos the door was closed. The secretary advised me to email the principal about the matter. I said ok and thanked her.

I emailed the principal once I got home but it bounced. I emailed her again a day after that and it bounced too. I think I have to settle some scores with her tomorrow when I report for work! It's just plain dishonesty! The school certainly didn't make a loss over it, students paid and even if they didn't turn up, they wouldn't get their money back. So why shouldn't I be compensated for wasting my time there??! I even rejected a private class on that day cos I had to work, my time is as valuable as everyone else's!

I've always had problems with this particular principal. She acts all nice but is in fact crafty and just because she has a Master's in Psychology, she thinks she can manipulate everyone! Well, sorry, doesn't take a genius to figure out she's just taking a piss out of me! I'm kinda in a hopeless situation in a way cos even if I threatened not to report to work, I'll be at a losing end cos my pay check is still with her. Sigh... you wouldn't know the kinda shit foreign teachers have to go through here unless ya here. I'm still gonna fight for my rights though. How I wished I can just punch her right there in the face! I'm already picturing it in my head in fact.

I've to go Taksim today to collect my last pay from another school. R, my very very good friend here is off on vacation at the lovely Mamaris so I hope G will tag along.
I've never met G though we've kept in touch for quite some time. I wasn't so keen on meeting new people cos I spent most of my time here with R and we had lotsa fun but now I guess I'm gonna cheat on R and have another gf to hang out with. haha..

G has been shuttling from here to England (where she's from) non stop cos her bf (or is it fiance) is Turkish thus she's always making constant visits here. I know she's here in Istanbul now, hopefully she's free today...

Well I'm gonna do some cleaning up now. Take good care, enjoy!!!!


xo
V

1 comment:

UNchecked other said...

Hmmm...Y'all should check to see if there's a seal on the principal's diploma :oP

I hope you get it all sorted out, luv. Got my fingers crossed that you get paid for the hours you waited.

Keep me posted.