Thursday, March 18, 2010

Off to Get Myself Pair of Grey Eyes

It's been a lazy lazy Thursday for me today. Weather's been really cold at 5 degrees. I found myself curled on a couch reading my Sophie Kinsella novel. Strange when I've only maybe 2-3 chapters to go before I finish my Paulo Coelho's Winner Stands Alone novel. It's a good read yes but it gets quite draggy sometimes but given the fact I haven't really ditch my short attention span nature, it proves to be quite a feat to finishing it. I decided to read something light hearted instead thus my Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess. Her books are getting to be quite predictable in her signature style plot and writing though... but hey, it's light, entertaining and serves its purpose.

Yes as the title of my post reveals, I'm off to get myself a pair of grey eyes. No, I'm not about to poke my eyes with a silver fork, I reckon it's more convenient to just drop by an optical shop for it.

I'm kinda bored of my look now hence I'm looking for a new look. Grey eyes and jet black hair. I dunno how appealing that sounds but I'm kinda a hasty person and if I set myself on something, I'll probably execute it with such urgency. Problem being, as according to my enquiries to couple of optical shops here, they don't really carry colored lenses in high degrees. Mine is 6.5 or as in Singapore, we refer it to as 650 degrees per eye. The colored lenses here usually stops at around 5.0 or 500. I have problems with colored lenses honestly as their cutting or curves aren't really fitting for my iris thus sometimes my lenses starts roaming around my eyes and especially if they are colored, they are bound to freak some people out.

I dunno, I'll get ready soon and try my luck again at Baghdad Streets. I doubt I'll manage to get a compatible pair which if that's the case, I'd have to scrape off my jet black hair plan and stick to browns. Black eyes, jet black hair and flawed skin doesn't do it for me I think. A gf of mine once told me I'll look 'depressed' in jet black hair.

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly can a hair color makes a person look 'depressed'. I suppose I'll look like I'll jump off a building any moment..I dunno. Anyways, will write more later I hope. Hope you guys're having a good day!

No comments: