Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring's Coming, Goodbye Winter!

Spring's coming in less than 10 days time and I'm freaking THRILLED! After months of shivering to my spine, it's about time I shed off those multiple layers of under clothes, my highly unflattering long johns and my heavy trench coat. I CAN'T WAIT.

However, I'll always remember the joy I felt experiencing my FIRST snow here. Though it was only for a couple of days, it was memorable enough to cast a smile on my face every time I think about it. Here are a couple of shots I took in January this year...


This is the entrance of my apartment building... made me squeal in delight having seen my first snowman greeting me.


Few meters away, another snowman was in sight. This time kinda mutilated.


Was so excited I couldn't even keep my eyes open! lol


This pretty pretty shot was taken from my bedroom balcony. Soooo pretty aint it?? Like a sweet little white town. :)

Before I finish off this post, a dear Turkish friend of mine saw my previous post on communal spoons and told me there is a good number of households in Turkey that practice them. Thank dear God. :) Thank you (you know who you are) for that enlightening info and correction. :) Till then, enjoy!

P/S- Bad things do happen for a reason I guess. Remember my past post about me getting fired cos I was too sick (and was hospitalised) to report to work on my first day? I was upset in beginning but now I realise maybe it's God's way of telling me to chill and relax dudeeee! lol... I was working lotsa hours just for the money, getting myself sick, stressed and down. Since losing that job in M.E College, I've had more time to myself to appreciate life and people around me and I'm still working in 2 other schools so I think it's a great balance for work and leisure time. Thank you God, I promise to take better care of myself and love myself more!! xoxo

No comments: